This is a versatile recipe that can be made in a number of ways.
Regular, Vegetarian, Lactose intolerant
5-8 depending on how you cut it. I usually cut 5-6
Baking Temperature: Pre heat oven to 425F
- 10 slices good thick, smoky bacon or turkey bacon (May be omitted for Vegetarian)
- 1 (9-10 inch) prebaked pie crust
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (I vary the taste by using different flavors- Whiskey, Maple Peppercorn, Honey)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 C Heavy Cream, Whole Milk, or Light Cream ( may use soy milk for Lactose Free)
- 1 C cooked Wild Rice
- 1 C shredded Carblanca goats Milk Cheese ( May use Swiss, Smoked Swiss, or your favorite cheese) omit for lactose free
- ¼ C minced scallions or green onions ( may also use red or Vidalia for different tastes)
- 1 Tbl chopped fresh dill
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Fry bacon in a frying pan until crisp, drain and crumble
3. Brush the bottom of the baked pie crust with mustard
4. Break eggs into a bowl and beat well with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and milk. Fold in bacon, rice, cheese, scallions and dill, mixing well. Pour into pie crust.
5. Cover the top of pie loosely with aluminum foil and bake 10 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 325F and bake 35 to 45 minutes more, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center. Serve from the pan.
How served / presentation:
Cut quiche into 5 or 6 slices and serve on a diner plate with side ramekin of fruit compote, or fresh seasonal fruit and warm croissant.
I use this basic muffin batter and add to it to make all of my fluffy muffins. Pre-Heat oven to 350°F
- 6 Tbl. butter, softened
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/3 C butter milk
Cream first 4 ingredients for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a bowl.
Mix sour cream and butter milk in small bowl.
Add 1/3 flour mix to butter mix, blend. Add 1/2 sour cream mix to butter mix, blend. Repeat and finish with last of flour mix.
Add your choice of fruit, cut small, nuts, chocolate chips, totalling approximately 1 1/2 cups.
Spray muffin pans with the spray and scoop batter into pans. Bake 20 minutes at 350°F. Makes approximately 16 muffins.